Monday, January 14, 2008

Conan the MMORPGARIAN!

As a reader of Conan books in my youth, I was excited by all the lore behind it. I highly recommend that anybody who is thinking about playing Age of Conan go read some of the books first. I am also glad that the developer has decided to keep the game true and have it be fairly violent. One of the major things I like about this game are the classes.

Let's talk mage classes. Boom.

Now most games would have wonderful classic mage classes like er the mage... and the warlock. Some might even call them Sorcerers. Conan decided to go with the really obscure and make four different mage classes.These are the necromancer, the lich, demonologist, and the Herald of Xotli.

I know that I started drooling when I read this. Who doesn't want to bring up an army of the dead to defeat their enemies (necromancer). While the lich can actually transform into said creature and wreck havok on the living.

The demonologist is pretty much having little demon friends come to say hi while the Herald of Xotli is a mage who can become a demon.

I enjoy the pet classes and will have a tough time choosing between the necromancer and the demonologist. My friend the coin might come in handy when that decision comes along.

Just from these class descriptions alone I will purchase Age of Conan and give it a fair try. I will know more once I hopefully get into the beta for that.

Well I think this is good for my first post. Feel free to leave comments unless they have to do with my grammar and/or sentence structure...

Technorati Tags: , , , , .

No comments: