Friday, January 25, 2008

Highlander MMO (Part II)

I was mulling over the Highlander MMO a bit, and thought of a way to improve the system I had set up. I believe the key to keeping a layered server system like this interesting is to allow players to reap the rewards of their victories in the competition after it's completetion while allowing defeated players another crack at the big time.

The prior suggestions I have put forth for victors would remain in effect, but after the completion of all of the competitions on all of the layered servers, they are then re-combined and the process is started anew, though the victors from the layered servers would retain their rewards (becoming uber-players in the recombined server, who I expect will be targetted en masse). The process then would begin again with the servers being re-layered as players die and so forth.

I'm not sure what the exact timing for a competition would be on any server, but I think the ideal move would be to have various options for players to determine. Longer competitions would provoke more strategy/alliances as well as more sporadic dueling as people shore up their resources before doing battle. I suppose longer competitions would provide greater rewards. Shorter competitions would have fewer rewards but would be a much more intense pvp experience.

No comments: