Sunday, January 13, 2008

Saturday Night Mini-Blurb

Hey folks -

I'll be honest, you guys shouldn't expect a whole lot from me on Saturday nights. If I get around to something, it'll generally be a short commentary as opposed to a full blown discourse.

Topic of the night: HTML. I have no experience in programming and I have no idea what I'm doing. This is my first blog and I'm just getting the hang of posting. Now I'm trying to construct a whole new site using HTML (http://www.gametinker.com/). One day my blog may migrate over there to give me a little bit more flexibility (but at this rate, no time soon). I'll put it to you guys this way: If the big boss on Super Mario was coding in HTML the Princess would currently be married to Bowser and my Grey Box would be a smoldering ruin. Sadly, I think no amount of "magic mushrooms" will enable me to conquer this mysterious beast. Damn you liberal arts education....damn you!!!

I've got some great ideas for articles over the next week. I'm trying to figure out a good posting schedule and which days should be dedicated to what types of posts. If people have any preferences, give me a shout out and I'll provide more content on that subject. I've got a few more game mechanics in store, a few comments on current events, and a whole slew of new game ideas. I might also try to inject a few more color commentaries on here, but that remains to be seen.

I'd also like to give a shout-out to http://www.intelligentgamer.com/, where I'm a new editor. I'll be placing some original content over there too, as well as occasionally cross posting (until there is a significant overlap in readership). Also, if there are some websites I should be reading, leave a comment. I'd love to hear from you.

No comments: