Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Saw as a video game?

It has been announced that the movie series Saw is being made into a video game. Alright, when I first read about this, I will admit I was a little confused. The main points of that series are the varied death machines/torture devices. How does one make a video game out of that?

I thought of a couple possibilities. One is that you are the person trapped in a so called "game" and you have to escape by mashing some buttons etc. The second one is that you are the person who has to capture the people and put them into the machines which can be edited. They could release a torture machine editor and you could share them online and everything!

While no details are out yet, I am trying to imagine how this game could avoid an Adult Only (AO) rating which is pretty much a death sentence (pun intended) for a video game. This is due to the fact that some major retailers (Walmart as an example) will not even carry a video game with that rating. I am trying to reserve judgment till I get some more details, but I can't help but scratch my head in confusion at this attempt of movie to video game jump.

Technorati Tags: , .

No comments: