Monday, January 14, 2008

Thoughts of a MMORPG Gamer

Let me first introduce myself. I will be the more "simple" version of Fizzle's complicated word use. No theory here. I play video games, I have no desire to create them. Fizzle and I have been gaming together for going on 16 years now. In fact I hold the sole honor of being the one Fizzle calls when he stares out at the jumble of games at his local Best Buy and ponders which to buy

What are my qualifications? I have been a gamer since the days of the original Nintendo and have owned pretty much every single console since. I am also an avid player of PC games. There is one genre of game that I have played a fair amount, that is the dreaded MMORPG.

Known as the games that become more of a job than a video game, MMORPG's have been a staple of my playing for years now. Starting with Ultima Online and ending recently with World of Warcraft, I have played every single major game of this genre to hit the market.

With me recently getting my soul back from World of Warcraft (aka stopped playing and yes Fizzle has complete control of my WOW account now), I am awaiting the next big MMORPG. The pickings are slim in the near future. Besides Pirates of the Burning sea which I am not even going to get into (Let's just say the sailing system is very realistic, aka really slow and dumb), only two remain. Age of Conan and Warhammer online.

No comments: