Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Game Delays

This post stems from the recent announcement that Super Smash Bros Brawl has been pushed back till March. By my count, that is the 4th time the game has been delayed. Now I understand that a quality game takes time, but constant push backs kind of make you wonder what the hell the development team is thinking by spewing these dates out.

One of my favorite responses by development teams on when a game will be done is, "When it is ready". Firm dates give people something to look forward to. I know I had already renamed February to "month that Super Smash Bros Brawl comes out". This is an honor that March hopefully will now have.

The industry has come to a point that when a game is released on the day first stated, I am surprised. It all comes down to this. I would rather wait 5 years for an awesome game than get a crappy game in a year.

No comments: